Web-based Course Materials
Rutgers has several resources that provide a set of tools for group discussions, on-line quizzes, calendars, course content, student management, and communicating grades privately to each student.
- Canvas — https://canvas.rutgers.edu/
- Supported centrally by OIT and available to all faculty and instructors university-wide, Canvas is the most frequently used system at Rutgers. Canvas integrates with the online roster system to automatically grant your students access to course materials that you put into your course web site.
- Sakai - https://sakai.rutgers.edu/portal/
- Sakai is being decommissioned (use Canvas instead), but remains available during the transition to Canvas and is also be available university-wide.
- Blackboard - http://blackboard.rutgers.edu/
- Blackboard is being decommissioned (use Canvas instead), but remains available during the transition to Canvas. It is available to the departments on the Newark campus and in the Rutgers Business School.
- Online Rosters - https://sims.rutgers.edu/rosters/
- Allows instant access to course rosters and official grade reporting tools.
- RAMS - http://rams.rutgers.edu/
- "Rutgers Automated Mailing System" creates an e-mail lists based on course rosters so that instructors can send mail to all of their students without needing to collect or organize addresses. For general purpose mailing lists that are not dependent on rosters, Mailman may be more appropriate.